Friday, May 13, 2011

I Know, I Know

Yes, due to Blogger's outage yesterday, this post is a day late. I'm sorry. I do have some news, though.

Let's start with Family Feud, which, after taping last season at Universal Studios in Orlando, just announced that they are moving taping. No surprise - they're going back to Los Angeles, right? Wrong. They're moving taping to Atlanta, Georgia, with Steve Harvey apparently staying. I don't claim to understand this.

Second - forgive me again for going a little off topic, but we finally have the full list of hosts and judges for The X Factor. The judges are really no surprise - Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole, LA Reid, and Paula Abdul. The hosts are British TV personality Steve Jones and former Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger. Honestly, the only real question I have is, given that that every British TV personality wanted this job, how did we end up with Steve Jones (whose biggest credit is the British version of 101 Ways To Leave A Game Show) rather than, say, Vernon Kay, Dermot O'Leary (the host of the British version of The X Factor) or Ant McPartlin and Dec Donnelly (an iconic British hosting duo whose credits include Pop Idol and Britain's Got Talent)?

Third, speaking of former American Idol judges, Kara DioGuardi's new show Platinum Hit premieres on May 30 on Bravo, with Jewel hosting. I might check the first episode out. Again, forgive me for going off-topic.

Finally...this may be just a rumor, but it appears that iconic (in Europe) stunt show Fort Boyard (which is famously taped on an actual 1800s fort on the coast of France) may be coming to America as a kids game show. Well, who knows, maybe this will prove that American kids can handle bizarre European game shows, and we'll finally an American version of The Slammer...yeah, not going to happen. I would love to know what American kids channel thinks this is a good idea.

That's enough for now. Assuming no more Blogger problems, I'll be back May 19.

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment