Thursday, May 19, 2011

Here's The Current Piece Of News...

...remember that Pyramid pilot hosted by Andy Richter that came so close to replacing As The World Turns on CBS? TBS does - they're apparently considering picking it up. Frankly, I doubt this will ever actually reach television (remember the same channel's Match Game pilot with Andrew Daly?) but I'll hope for the best - Pyramid is always a good show to have around. Before you ask, I have no idea what the dollar amount in the title will be. Perhaps we'll finally get The $1,000,000 Pyramid (which has been mooted\joked about pretty much since the moment Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? started).

Moving on to some summer premieres - ABC has pushed back the premiere of 101 Ways To Leave A Game Show from June 16 to June 21. Frankly, this sounds to me like it should be a kids game show, a fact not helped by the casting of Jeff Sutphen off Brain Surge as host. Of course, if you were capable of going back in time, you could easily scare me out of my wits by telling me what would become of Jeff Probst off Rock And Roll Jeopardy...or Chris Harrison off Mall Masters...or Ryan Seacrest off Click...or Tom Bergeron off Hollywood Squares...so who knows, maybe this is Jeff Sutphen's big break. The other summer premieres are kids game shows: The Hub has announced that The Game Of Life and Scrabble Showdown will have preview episodes in August.

Finally, in the "Truth is stranger than fiction" category: Game Show Network is considering a bible trivia game show, and their first choice to host it was Mike Huckabee (he turned them down). I'm not even going to comment.

If you're wondering what I was talking about when I mentioned those four hosts...are you from another planet? Still, I'll put you out of your misery: Jeff Probst is the host of Survivor, Chris Harrison is the host of The Bachelor, Ryan Seacrest is the host of American Idol, and Tom Bergeron is the host of Dancing With The Stars.

At least he's still working with has-been celebrities.

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment