Saturday, July 14, 2012

OK, Break Over

I am back for now, but I'll be updating this blog on an irregular schedule until I get myself back together and decide which day to do my weekly posts on. I wasn't planning on restarting this blog until August when I could track down the Fall 2012 season start dates, but I couldn't resist posting as I've apparently tracked down a piece of news no other game show blogger has found yet: July 17, three days after I am typing this, is the premiere of the new Nickelodeon game show...


That name may well sound familiar, as it's actually a kids Wipeout-type show (with a giant medieval themed obstacle course - get the title now?) that premiered in 2011 in Canada and has already aired in a fair number of other countries. It remains to be seen whether the episodes shown on Nickelodeon will be the original Canadian episodes, new episodes with American contestants, or Canadian episodes reshot to include American hosts in place of the originals (apparently, all three have happened). I will, of course, let you know which one it is in a few days after I watch the premiere.

A few other bits and pieces:

  • If you're wondering why I titled my May 31 post "Have I Got News For You", it's because I was in London the next week and saw a taping of the topical comedy panel game show by that title. It was a lot of fun live!
  • RIP Richard Dawson and RIP Jim Packard. There isn't a whole lot more I can say that hasn't already been said.
  • As I say every year, I am going to try to hold off on posting any Fall 2012 season start dates until I have all of them. Of course, I usually end up failing at this, but I'll try again nonetheless. 

So...yeah. See you in a few days. Splatalot.

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment