Thursday, March 25, 2010

I Can't Reveal Too Much Until April 5...

I feel sort of silly typing up the rules of a local high school quiz bowl show, but still, here's how High School Quiz Show plays out: there are two teams of four. Round one is buzz-in questions worth ten points each. In round two, one member of each team comes to the center podium for one minute of buzz-in questions worth five points each. In round three, there are six categories, each containing five questions worth ten, fifteen, twenty, twenty-five, and thirty points. The team that is behind at the beginning of the round picks a category, and the first team to buzz in with the correct answer picks the next category. Finally, round four is one minute of five point buzz-in questions.

There you go. It's...well, it's a pretty straightforward local high school quiz bowl show. I sometimes wonder if we should just have one of these shows for the whole country, but then I'm the one who said on February 11 that the local high school quiz bowl show is "pure Americana."

There's not much else I can say at the moment. I'm sorry. I'll have more about High School Quiz Show on April 8, and hopefully next week there will be some news.

One more note - in case you don't know, next Thursday is April 1. As I really, really, can't stand April Fools Day pranks on websites, I'm going to try as hard as I possibly can not to post any here. That being said, I may well fall for some prank on another site and post it here as news - but I certainly won't post anything I know is a prank.

See you then.

Aaron


No comments:

Post a Comment