Friday, January 11, 2013

Meredith. Vieira. Is. Leaving. Millionaire.

I'll say that again, just to let it sink in:

Meredith. Vieira. Is. Leaving. Millionaire.

Wow.

I will say this flat-out: I have no idea what will happen next. The obvious response is to go "Oh great, they're going to replace her with another out-of-work comedian", and that's certainly a possibility...but who knows? Maybe they'll do that, and it will be as bad as it sounds. Maybe they'll hire an out-of-work comedian, and said out-of-work comedian will turn out to be really good. Maybe they'll replace Meredith with a career game show host. Maybe Regis Philbin will agree to come back.

Maybe they'll just cancel the show...

Honestly, I'm starting to wonder if that's the case. Millionaire is, if I have my facts right (and I could easily not), the only five-day-a-week game show that has not yet been officially renewed for the 2013 season. and with NATPE coming up, perhaps Disney-ABC Domestic Television (yes, that's the official name) is waiting for that perfect opportunity to announce their new syndicated show (which I certainly hope would be another game show, but it could just as easily be Potential Oprah Winfrey Replacement XXXVIII).

I don't know what's going to happen. I'm not even sure what I want to happen. All I know is, this is a really big surprise and I'm just going to have to wait...and yes, that's my final answer.

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment