Thursday, April 26, 2012

Not Much News Right Now


A few things that pop into my head: 
  • ·      The Discovery Channel has canceled Cash Cab. That’s a pretty big surprise in my book; perhaps I was deluding myself, but I was sort of thinking Cash Cab would be one of those shows that’s on five days a week until the end of time. The syndicated rerun package will continue, and I’m frankly guessing this show will find a backer for new episodes eventually.
  • ·      Game Show Network has apparently green-lit its pilot for American Bible Challenge. Yeah. At least they found a host I like – Jeff Foxworthy off Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?
  • ·      NBC is planning a new game show called White Elephant, which apparently consists of little more than a Yankee Swap. I’ll probably end up checking it out though, as they found what is likely the best possible host for that idea: Howie Mandel.
  • ·      NPR’s new game show Ask Me Another premieres on May 5. Well, it premieres on May 5 in my area, anyway…as with most public radio shows, the best answer is probably “check your local listings.” It will also be available as a podcast at some point. The host is Ophira Eisenberg.
  • ·      Finally, I should let you know that I have put my name in (via a $15 donation) as a potential contestant for the 24 Hour Game Show Marathon on April 27. I’m not entirely sure if I’m actually going to be on the air, and as the event begins less than sixteen hours from when I type this, I certainly hope I find out soon. Either way, tune in to WSIN (the radio station at Southern Connecticut State University) at 3PM on April 27 for twenty-four game shows for a good cause.

That’s about it for now. I’ll be back next week.

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment