Thursday, January 26, 2012

NATPE!

There's only piece of news right now: this week is NATPE, a trade show run by the National Association Of Television Program Executives (yeah, that's what it stands for). What's important about NATPE (at least in my mind) is that most of the new syndicated shows for the upcoming Fall season are announced there. That's right...Fall 2012 five-day-a-week game shows. I predicted in April 2011 that September 2012 is going to huge...let's see, what wonderful new shows will be on Monday through Friday...

...yeah.

Admittedly, it's too early to call this for sure, but as far as I can tell, there's one new game show being launched in syndication for Fall 2012, and it's Game Show Network's Baggage. Perhaps I shouldn't be as surprised as I am. Again, it's too early to call this for sure, but it looks like a show that combines the game mechanic of The Dating Game (in as much as The Dating Game had a game mechanic) with the gimmick of Deal Or No Deal will soon be coming to your local station. You know, many people are astonished when I tell them Deal Or No Deal was canceled in 2010. Many of the same people are just as astonished when I tell them Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? is still on five days a week. 

Jer-ry, Jer-ry, Jer-ry...

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment