Thursday, June 10, 2010

Peter Wheeler 1935 - 2010

The veteran British broadcaster and game show host has died at age 75, and as with Ray Alan, I just don't know enough about the guy to write an obituary. I do have a few bits and pieces of news:
  • I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue will return for Series 53 on June 21, with Jack Dee hosting. I'll recap this series as I did the previous one, but I sincerely hope that by Series 54, the BBC will bow to the inevitable and announce that Jack is the permanent host. I don't want to keep recapping ISIHAC forever!
  • The host of Downfall (premiering June 22) has been named as former professional wrestler Chris Jericho.
  • The Hub has announced another game show for its October 10 launch; an adaptation of the board game Pictureka to be hosted by Cory Almeida.
  • Late Night Liars premieres tonight at 11PM (Eastern Time) on Game Show Network. As I'm just not up that late, I'll have my review next week.

That might be it at the moment. As I said, I will have my review of Late Night Liars next week; if all goes according to plan, I will have a three-in-one post on June 24 containing an ISIHAC recap, a review of Downfall, and something special!

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment